The health care of pets is a partnership between owner and veterinarian.
When you refer a pet in need of emergency or critical care, you can trust that WVRC will act as an extension of your care. Following a visit to WVRC, a complete copy of the patient’s record will be sent to your office. Any x-rays, ultrasound, CT, or MRI images will be made available online as well. We highly encourage you to call and discuss your patients’ cases with our staff any time. We appreciate your dedication, trust, and partnership.
We have moved our referral forms. They are are now linked directly in the “Veterinarians” menu.
For the most up-to-date information on how WVRC is dealing with novel coronavirus, COVID-19, we encourage you to visit our COVID-19 Update pages.
Current Update as of 3/25/2020:
Temporary Service Changes
- Elective surgeries will be postponed such as:
- Non-painful patients that need orthopedic procedures, i.e., TPLOs, that could reasonably be postponed for 3 months
- Benign mass removals
- Uncomplicated cataract surgery
- I-131 therapy for cats with hyperthyroidism has been temporarily suspended during the COVID crisis. Please call our internal medicine service with any questions regarding the management of cases in the interim.
- Out-patient ultrasounds are still being performed at WVRC Waukesha on a limited basis to help you with management of your patients. Due to our dynamic caseload and staffing, out-patient ultrasound results will only be reported to the referring veterinarian and will not be relayed directly to the client. If you consider a pet to be unstable or in need of urgent follow up at WVRC, please call the hospital to discuss transfer of the case or urgent availability through our specialty services or ER instead.
- COVID-19 Update: May 12, 2020 – Practicing Safely
- COVID -19 Update: March 13, 2020 – Concierge Service
- COVID-19 Update: March 13, 2020 – New Guidelines
As this virus progress and policies and procedures change, new information will be added.
Complimentary Online CE Courses
Although we are not able to offer in-person education at this time, we would like to offer your staff a complimentary 30-day subscription to online training through VetBloom. To access these RACE-approved VetBloom courses, go to freeondemand.vetbloom.com. Select the course(s) that you are interested in taking, then click Buy Now and enter Voucher Code: free-on-demand. There is no limit to the number of courses an individual may take and they are available to everyone in your practice.
In-person CE is on hold during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This program is on hold during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We know how hard it is to fit into your staff’s schedule and our specialists can help. You pick the date and topic, we order lunch for you and your staff, and provide training at your location! It’s that simple. Check out our list of our Lunch & Learns for your staff – each topic (bullet point) is approximately 60 minutes in length.
Need more brochures or other materials? Let us know!
Do your clients want to know about how much a surgery or consult will cost? We’ve put together a fee schedule for you to share. If you need pricing for a procedure that isn’t listed, please contact Jill.