Snoopy

 In Success Stories
Hypotension/Shock

We’re so thankful Snoopy is feeling much better.  This adorable one-year-old mix breed came to WVRC – Racine after vomiting, problems breathing and collapsing on the floor after a walk with his owner.   He also suffered from bloody diarrhea while in hospital.  Snoopy was treated for suspected GI side effects associated with shock, hypotension (low blood pressure) and a coagulopathy (blood clotting issue).  He received IV fluids, a plasma transfusion and intense supportive care as well as meds to reduce stomach acid and nausea.  After almost 2 days in hospital, his owners continued meds and monitored Snoopy at home.  Snoopy is back to feeling like himself again and Dr. Gould couldn’t be happier!

Recent Posts

Start typing and press Enter to search

Peta corneal lacerationChula survives rat poisoning