Wisconsin’s Critical Care Specialists
WVRC’s Emergency Facilities Meet or Exceed all Standards Recommended by the Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Society (VECCS)
WVRC maintains three fully-staffed emergency, trauma, and critical care facilities (Waukesha, Grafton, and Racine) that accept both walk-in and referral emergencies. We specialize in emergency medical and surgical care of small animals, especially patients requiring more intensive and long-term critical care management. But don’t take our word for it; listen to what our clients say.
Services & Procedures
- Canine and feline blood bank available for our use at WVRC or by your veterinarian.
- Complete laboratory diagnostics which allow immediate blood test results.
- Immediate emergency medical imaging.
- Emergency surgical procedures including wound repair, GDV, c-section, foreign body removal, and abdominal exploratory.
- Complete in-hospital pharmacy with specialized inventory.
- Advanced patient monitoring techniques for emergency/critical care and surgery.
- Telephone consults with your veterinarian 24/7/365.
- Emergency service works together with WVRC’s other veterinary specialists in: Cardiology, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Radiology, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Oncology, Dentistry/Oral Surgery and Anesthesiology/Pain Management. We are also fortunate to have Clinical Pathology services available for STAT interpretations via Marshfield Labs.